Watches may seem trivial but consider that over 30 billion watches are manufactured and sold worldwide every year. Apple is no stranger to smartwatches. The brand introduced the first-generation Apple Watch in 2015, and since then, it has followed it up with the Apple Watch Series 2 and Series 3. With such massive popularity, it’s not surprising that Apple would want to get in on the watch-making action. The company’s watch line has been a hit, but the fact remains that the watch isn’t exactly a conventional watch.
So, what makes Apple Watches unique? Here are some of the reasons that make Apple watches unique:
- Their watches are made from sturdy industry-graded materials. Apple’s latest smartwatch is still pricey, but like always, Apple’s latest product still has plenty of things to brag about, like its use of stainless steel. Stainless steel is the material of choice when you want something durable, looks good and is resistant to corrosion. Apple provides great design and makes products. Apple never compromised the design and build quality in Apple Watches that stood still for years.
- Great workout partner. Apple Watch’s Activity App lets you compete with your friends to see who can complete the most workouts, burn the most calories, or move the most distance. Apple’s heart-rate tracker and accelerometer are built-in, so your watch will automatically record your work out details in the Activity App when you work out. You can then compare your workout stats with your friends on the Activity App, so you can cheer each other on as you work towards your fitness goals.
- Durable watch parts and accessories. Remember when bracelets and watches were used to denote your social status? Imagine a watch with different bands and watch faces in different colors and shapes? Well, Apple has more than 50 Watch bands available, and while there are plenty of options, the must-have accessories are, without a doubt, the stainless-steel bands, and the Link Bracelets.
- Retina display and Sapphire Crystal Glass. While the Apple Watch comes with a number of unique features, such as a heart rate sensor and GPS, perhaps its most notable feature is the high-resolution display. The Apple Watch not only has a vibrant 326 x 340 Retina display, but it also has a special-highly protected Sapphire Crystal Glass that makes the screen appear sharper and brighter.
- Has built-in LTE and GPs Connectivity. Apple Watches have many features, but one particular factor sets it apart from most other smartwatches out there: its built-in LTE and GPS connectivity. It gives you the ability to leave your phone at home during a workout, giving you the freedom to run, walk, or bike freely without having to worry about your phone. And, unlike other smartwatches, Apple Watches actually function as phones: you can use Apple Pay to make purchases, send text messages and iMessages, and access Siri.
- Pay for your purchases through your watch. The Apple Watch has only been out for a year, but it’s already one of the most popular wearable devices on the market. But beyond its popularity, why else might it be unique? There are a variety of reasons, and one of those is the functionality that iOS users have with the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch gives you access to Apple Pay so that you can pay for various items using your wrist right from your Apple Watch. And Apple’s watch OS 4 operating system contains a host of new features as well, like the ability to start a workout with Siri and a Workout app that’s now very similar to Apple’s popular Health app in iOS.
Apple is known for pushing the limits of technology, and the same can be said for its timepieces. The Apple Watch is unlike any other watch on the market, and it isn’t even close in functionality. Yes, there are smartwatches out there that are arguably more functional, but Apple’s unique design makes it stand out.